Non-Refundable Deposit (NRD)
Many of our items require a non-refundable deposit (NRD) to be able to reserve your order for an item, usually while it is in the process of production.
- The NRD amount is displayed on the web page entitled, 'Your Shopping Cart.' (See image below.) NRDs are usually 10% of the item’s price except for framed items, which are 15%.
- 24-hour grace period: If you disagree with the terms of this agreement, then you may cancel your order without penalty if it is within 24 hours of placing it. You must contact us directly by email at email@example.com, by live chat or phone with your cancellation request. You must specifically convey that you are cancelling within the grace period and require the return of your deposit.
- NRDs cannot be transferred if your order is canceled, for any reason.
- NRDs cannot be reinstated and placed on a different order.
- NRDs may be refunded upon cancellation only in the rare case that the item’s delivery date has been delayed by more than 90 days from the original estimated arrival date. Collectors would need to contact us directly to cancel their order and request for their NRD to be refunded.
Payment Plan Cancellation Fee
The payment plan option is a great resource for avid collectors. It’s hard work keeping track of all those payment plans! Because of this, Sideshow will need to charge a fee when a payment plan order is canceled.
- The non-refundable deposit placed to secure your order will be used as the cancellation fee. If a deposit was not required at checkout, then a $20 fee will be assessed.
- A cancellation fee is required regardless if the order cancellation was completed by the customer or by Sideshow, due to insufficient funds, expired cards, etc.
Customs / Duty Abandonment Fee
International collectors are responsible to pay duties on their shipments in a separate payment directly to the carrier, either prior to final delivery or through an invoice received after delivery. If the collector decides not to accept the shipment and abandon it with customs officials or refuse to pay of their duties / fees when invoiced, then this may result in charges assessed to Sideshow. We reserve the right to deduct any of these fees, incurred by duty or product abandonment, from any refund due to the collector.
Credit card companies submitting a dispute, or charge back, to Sideshow for any NRDs, cancellation fees, or back charged customs duties will be given a copy of the terms and conditions of those specific agreements, as well as documentation of our checkout process illustrating your acceptance of the terms, via the client required action of selecting a check box. The information that will be provided illustrates a contract that you created with Sideshow upon checkout and generally results in a dismissal of the dispute. Please keep in mind that any accounts with pending charge backs will be temporarily disabled, to avoid further billing and shipping issues, while all concerns are resolved. Multiple chargebacks may result in account closure.